Launched in 1999, by Laura Godfrey Isaacs and Mimi Banks, Home Live Art is a company of creative producers with an established reputation for delivering high quality, innovative work. Not committed to a venue, we work in collaboration with an ever growing range of venues, organisations, festivals and institutions responding to locations, contexts and audiences to bring innovative art experiences to the general public.
With a twist on the traditional, communal and the celebratory, HLA produces and curates a year round programme of artist led, participatory work which has pioneered the presentation of experimental live art and inter-disciplinary work into the mainstream & community sectors. We reach large and diverse audiences on a local, regional and increasingly national scale.
We are leaders within our sector in collaborative working practice and building new audiences for the arts. We are committed to accessibility, and the delivery of art experiences that effortlessly combine socially engaged practice with quality and innovation.
- To create new forms of cultural experience, that celebrates contemporary society and references the heritage of established, traditional or popular forms.
- To produce the highest quality, tightly curated and thematic events, which are entertaining, participatory, interactive, communal, democratic and challenging.
- To build on a network of creative working partnerships exploring new sites, contexts and audiences for live art events.
- To foster a legacy beyond a project life by building artist and community partnerships, ownership of public spaces, and opportunities for the learning and use of new skills.
- To create a critical context for artists & performers, investing in their long-term professional development.